SPOON MONEY PRIZE DRAW RULES
Date rules were last amended: [16 October 2017]
These rules apply to the Bigger Payout prize draw (“the prize draw”). This prize draw is being run by: Spoon Money (Spoon), with company registration number: 2017/386062/07. Please contact us on 078 0868765 (weekdays during office hours 08h00 – 17h00) if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the prize draw. By entering the prize draw, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
WHEN DOES THE PRIZE DRAW START AND END?
The prize draw starts at 09h00 on 27 October 2017 and ends at 12h00 on 15 December 2017. (“closing date”). This is the prize draw period. Spoon reserves the right to extend the duration of the prize draw, subject to these terms and conditions. The prize draw will be held over 8 weeks. At the end of each week, Spoon Money will award a prize to a stokvel.
WHO MAY ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW? (WHO QUALIFIES FOR ENTRY INTO THE DRAW?)
South African Citizens may enter the prize draw. To enter you must be at least 18 years old. To qualify to receive the prize you must have a stokvel bank account.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW
The following persons may not take part in this prize draw even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- Spoon Money employees i.e. director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), agencies(s), or consultant(s) relating to this prize draw.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this prize draw.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
HOW TO ENTER?
Sign up your stokvel’s interest in our management tool. Fill in all the fields correctly with valid details.
CAN I ENTER MORE THAN ONCE
Once you are signed up, your stokvel will be entered into each week’s draw, so the sooner you sign up, the better your chances of winning. However, a stokvel will only be allowed to win a prize 3 (three) times. After your stokvel has won three times, it will be excluded from further draws.
Each Friday at midday, from 27 October 2017, the random draw will be made and a stokvel declared the winner for the week. The prize cannot be transferred.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
All cash won by participants must be deposited into a stokvel account. Therefore to enjoy the prize, winning participants must open such an account within 30 calendar days from winning the prize.
HOW WE WILL DELIVER YOUR PRIZE TO YOU OR HOW YOU CAN COLLECT OR CLAIM YOUR PRIZE
All prizes will be transferred to the winning stokvel’s account.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
Winners will be notified by telephone during the course of the day on the day of the draw and a confirmation letter will also be sent to the winners by email. Spoon will publish the winning stokvel’s name on Spoon’s Facebook page, unless the winner expressly declines permission to do so.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SPOON CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
If Spoon cannot get hold of a prize winner within 7 (seven) days after the prize announcement date, Spoon will award the prize to another participant randomly drawn from that particular week. If a winner does not provide account details, as required, within 30 (thirty) calendar days after being notified about the prize, the stokvel will forfeit the prize.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
Participants who do anything to manipulate the outcome of the draw or attempt to do anything to manipulate the outcome of the draw, whether alone or through anyone else will immediately be disqualified from winning a prize.
- Spoon Money has the right to end this prize draw at any time. If this happens, Spoon will publish a notice on Facebook and you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this prize draw and acknowledge that you will have no rights against Spoon Money.
- Spoon Money reserves the right to change these rules of the prize draw. Spoon will publish changes on Spoon’s page (www.spoonmoney.com). For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended is shown above. It is your responsibility to check the Facebook page for amendments to these rules.
- The participant will not hold Spoon liable for any technical errors originating from Spoon’s, hosting website, network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cellphone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access the website to enter the prize draw.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- Where ever time has been referred to in these rules, it refers GMT +2.
- These rules and the prize draw are governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa.
- An auditor will oversee the prize draw process in order to ensure fairness and correctness. The judge’s decision will remain final. Spoon will enter into no further correspondence.